Monday, October 20, 2008

SO, here it is - the official blog of Judy Beedle Photography! First, thanks for visiting. Second, I appreciate your patience as the blog gets built and takes on the shape and look I am hoping to achieve.

My goal is to post once a week, and my posts will always include a photo. The photo might be something I took in the past week, it might be an image I have loved for years. But they will be images created by me and my pal, the camera. We've been getting along great lately.

During the past year I started a Photo-a-week project, which I posted on my Picasa page. It was a great exercise in accountability towards my craft as well as a helpful tool in learning the new digital camera I purchased just over a year ago. The first year of palling around with my digital camera has proven to be as rewarding as it has been challenging. This new blog will help me take the challenge one step further.
As part of my first post, I am including a photo from this year's PAW (Photo-A-Week) project. This one is of my friend Ben during a Brooklyn visit this past summer. I guess I'll also point out that he is talking on his new iphone, which makes him very cool and hip.

Get used to seeing Ben, as he makes many appearances in my work!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your new blog!! This is so exciting...I can't wait for everyone to be delighted by your work....tell me what was the PAW project??

Unknown said...

Yay Judy! Good job getting a photoblog started! I am already signed up to be one of your loyal "followers." TTFN, Cindy

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, JB! You will develop many followers, create a cult, and laugh all the way to the developing room.

Anonymous said...

LIVE Through the Lens... C'MON DAMN IT! LIVE LIVE LIVE!

How's that for inane?

Nice blog Judy. I'll be watching it.
P.S. My verification word was "cronani"... so many bad joke possibilities...


Randy