Monday, April 6, 2009

Feel the Cake

Charlie Ellis turns 1.

Is there any better cake than the one you have on your first birthday? The freedom to eat fist fulls at a time while ingesting high quantities of sugar. The one time in life when more of your birthday cake ends up all over your body rather than in it. A moment that is all yours with a room full of people cheering you on. We all need more days like that in life.

I took this image over the weekend at Charlie's first birthday party. I love this shot. It's as if he's having a zen moment with the cake.
It makes me smile. And want cake.

4 comments:

Natasha said...

I WANT CAKE!!!!! I love this photo...Dana's b'day was yesterday and she was diggin into cupcakes like this!!

Dude I love your work, your blog, you! I haven't been here nearly as much as I want but I will be by more...it's incredible. So I gave you an award...I think you'll dig it. Visit the ole Thursday Sweet Treat for it...hey are you submitting for the love letters theme?
HUGS!

Jenjen @GottaLoveMom said...

Got introduced by Thursday Sweet Treat - and what a treat!

Birthday cakes for kids are always special.

Live Through the Lens said...

Hey Tash and Jen - thanks for the Kudos :)
Tash -- thank you so much for the award nomination. Guess I better get to work on doing my part...

Jen -- thanks for joining the party!

~ Judy

T said...

What are you doing August 2009? Someone in Ithaca I know will be enjoying her first cake.