Sunday, July 26, 2009

A Bowl of Cherries for Breakfast



Sometimes life really is like a bowl of cherries. And I decided yesterday to enjoy my food and my camera while getting some sun. I know! It's crazy... Maine had a sun-filled day yesterday! My delicious Rainier cherries and my new 18-50 mm lens with MACRO hung out on the deck, thoroughly enjoying each other's company.




A little macro work and a bunch of fruit eaten. Plus a few rays of sun caught... not a bad way to spend a warm Saturday in July. The image below was fun to shoot since it was also challenging to get the stem in focus and the composition I was happy with. Often in photography fun=challenging, and the other way around.



I pretty much never use a Macro lens, nor was I in the market for one when I went shopping recently for my newest lens. I was, however, in the market for a wedding workhorse as my former favorite (24-120) seems to have seen its best days. Sad, but true. I have been getting a lot of use out my prime lenses the last few years and really enjoying the results, but there are times when I need to work fast and not change lenses too often. So, I happily purchased the Sigma 18-50 f2.8 and have been putting it to work ever since. I think we are gonna have some good times together! And realizing (after I purchased it) that it had a Macro function was simply an added bonus.


...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Judy, I love the first photo of cherries here--beautiful bokeh! I love when you do artfully OOF photos. I don't know why when I try that, they just look OOF, but when you do it, it looks professional, my deah!

kk said...

Rainier cherries. *sigh*

Live Through the Lens said...

cindy and kk - :)