Wednesday, April 14, 2010

LIFE :: in Black & White

I photograph life. Simple as that.

So I may photograph your life, your business, or just my own everyday life. It is my simple goal to actually make images that have LIFE in them.

Here is a small sample of some past moments I have collected of my own life. Some of them are old scans, and all from my Black & White film days, so please forgive the quality...

 The Weekend Warrior, before he was truly my warrior.


 Family Reunion (Mom's side) in Virgina.


 Family (Dad's side) cooling off in Pittsburgh.


 Family Pig Pile in Maine.


 Friends at an Avocado Party in Bowdoinham.


 My Nephew on any given day.


 Weekend Warrior and his brother power washing the deck.


Nephew testing the waters. My bro and Weekend Warrior try to encourage him into the pool.


 My mom (Jamma) and Nephew (Max). Hard to believe he's now 7!


 Max's first Haircut.


 Max shows me that his Dora gummies are all gone. I like how his hands are shadowed on his shirt, in a similar way to the graphic on his t-shirt.

Weekend Warrior in full warrior mode, and needing a break.



That was kind of a fun jaunt down memory lane, photographically speaking. These are the kinds of things I capture because I like to bring my camera almost everywhere.  I think after all these years it's paying off.

....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Avocados in Bowdoinham? LOVE it! (And your work!)

Live Through the Lens said...

Thanks Kate!

Those Avocados made some pretty awesome guac, that's for sure :)