Friday, May 15, 2009

SoFoBoMo: Day 1

Dry ingredients stacked in the small baking area at Wildflours Gluten-free Bakery.



Guess what I learned today? FLUFF is gluten-free!! I'm not sure why, but that little piece of information brought me great happiness. It's been years since I've eaten fluff, but now I know I could have a fluffernutter if I wanted. And I think I just might want.


On today's baking schedule - Twinkles.



Well, I did it. I officially kicked off the SoFoBoMo today. I know I hoped to kick it off a few days ago, but things didn't really come together. Some things just take longer than planned. As long as I don't take more than 31 days to get the book done! The adventure started at Wildflours where I watched Jess, the baker, make Twinkles (GF Twinkies). Something tells me this project isn't going to be good for my sweet tooth...



Shopping list. Note that FLUFF is on the list :)



Jess answers the phone while I browse through the grocery area.



Time to fill the Twinkles.



Ta-da! Yum.


The first day was, in my opinion, a success. I brought my brand new camera, fresh out of the box, and so I didn't realize that I was shooting in Jpeg for awhile. Not the end of the world, but if given the choice I always prefer a RAW file mainly because there is so much you can do with it later on. And if the goal is to print something (rather than just view it on the web), than RAW is always the way to go. So, a minor bump with no major impact.

Next shoot is Monday at Anello's. I'm already looking forward to my BLT with spicy mayo!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

So glad you're undertaking this project. Good for you! Love the twinkles and striped shirt shot. Sorry I missed you at Gilman today. I was actually on a shoot. Woo hoo! Good luck with your book. Can't wait to see it all done and pretty like.