Wednesday, June 10, 2009

SoFoBoMo: The Final Stretch

Bread fresh out of the oven @ Anello's. Gluten-free never tasted so good!


So, here it is. The final days of the SoFoBoMo experience. I am editing and laying out this week and happy with the way things are coming together. I only need 35 images for this challenge, and I shot 532 (which doesn't include the several that were lost when my camera had its second melt down last week), so I should be all set. In fact, I am more than all set and find myself with almost too many decisions to make!

Twinkle filling mixes at Wildflours.


My entire book is being built on Blurb, which may not be exactly how I'm supposed to be doing things. But I do not currently have Photoshop (Lightroom does everything I need... well except when I need to layout a book!) or any other software to do layout, I'm just using Blurb so I can order my book as soon as I'm done. YAY!


The fabulous Raspberry-Coconut muffins @ Wildflours. I'll drive miles for these.



I feel like on this chilly and somewhat dreary Wednesday I am not full of many wise words or loads of wit to share right now. I will post more before the end of the challenge, I promise. It has been an unbelievably rewarding experience so far, I'm just feeling a little 'computered out' right now. In fact, I'm on my way out the door to give myself a much needed computer break.

Besides, editing all these food photos is making me unbelievably HUNGRY!


The dipslay case @ Wildlours.

2 comments:

Natasha said...

Judy!!! I've been going back and reading older posts - these photos are amazing...(and oddly I'm suddenly SO freakin' hungry).

I just did an interview with another woman who published a book on blurb and she said it was great ...I think the only thing that was hard was editing the cover in their software - does that make sense?? Here's the link...http://thursdaysweettreat.blogspot.com/2009/06/artist-playdate-this-phenomenal-writers.html

I want your book!! I'm SOOO excited :)

Live Through the Lens said...

Tash!
you're the best cheerleader a little ol' photog could have. Thanks for the support.
I didn't have a problem with the cover layout, actually. But that could depend on which design I chose (simple simple). Of course, my opinions could change drastically once I have that hard-cover book in my hot little hands!

The book is basically done, just need final edits, then another final edit, then another... ;-)