Friday, May 21, 2010

Single Photo Friday:: Safety in Numbers

In honor of Celiac Awareness month, I am posting a photo that brings someone like me great comfort.



I took this photo at one of my favorite gluten-free establishments - Wildflours in Brunswick, Maine. The first time I went into her store and turned to see this shelf I remember feeling overwhelmed and then comforted in a matter of seconds. For someone navigating the gluten-free life, seeing all of these products reminded me there were still plenty of options.

When a common food ingredient makes you sick, and you find a place where EVERYTHING is safe for you to eat, the word comfort doesn't even come close to how you really feel. It's much more than that. And, Bob's Red Mill is one of those companies making safe things for so many of us to eat. Big shout out to companies like Bob's and Wildflours for making life better.

I made this yummy thing yesterday, and feel the need to share. I think I have found a favorite new snack!


...

No comments: