Friday, June 25, 2010

Single Photo Friday:: Copycat

My nephew and I went on a photo excursion the other day through my neighborhood. He carried his parent's point and shoot digital camera, I carried my NikonD300. We laughed and talked and took pictures and played on the swings.


I watched him take pictures like only a creative 7 year old can. He seemed to gravitate towards plants and shapes. He walked up to this pole on a the playground, rested the bottom of the camera right on the metal with the lens pointed up to the sky. Without looking he pushed the button, then moved on.

"Hey! I want a picture like that!" I said to him then proceeded to copy his actions. The photo I took is shown above. I kinda love it.

His mother would say he gets his ideas for photos from me, but it looks like I actually get some of my ideas from him! How does that line go? Oh yeah, "Art is always imitated."


..

No comments: