Friday, June 4, 2010

Single Photo Friday:: Step Back

It's Friday, the sun is out, and I'm recovering from my first 5k that I ran last night.



I was combing through my photo library thinking of photos that would have something to do with running. I don't seem to have things like that, probably because I NEVER photograph myself running (nor will I). But this image jumped out at me. I was photographing this man in front of a church. I took a step back, deliberately changing my focus, and ended up with an image I have always liked but done nothing with. For me, that is one of those things that I love about having a blog - it gives me a platform to show images that otherwise wouldn't be seen.

Plus I think it says something about my mood today. On one side I'm VERY jazzed up about what I accomplished last night. The other side of me is mellow and somewhat reflective, stepping back to take in some details. The nerves of yesterday are gone, replaced with a calm satisfaction that must be the result of setting out to do something, working really hard, and exceeding your expectations.

It feels pretty great.


...

No comments: