Friday, July 16, 2010

Single Photo Friday:: Friday Night Fun

Well, it's Friday again. It's after 2pm, and I've been putting in some serious time on this computer today. Is it ok for me to confess that I sat down at the computer as soon as I grabbed my first cup of coffee, have barely left, and here I am at 2pm realizing I'm still in my pj's?

The joy of being self-employed.

And last Friday I was in VA at a family reunion. I opted to make it a non-working weekend, and therefore did not post to the blog. Instead I hung out with family, floated down a river on an inner tube, went to an amazing Friday night music event, celebrated the 50th anniversary of my aunt and uncle, and listened to an 8 year old tell me about all the adventures she's been on.

Of course a non-working weekend does not mean I leave my camera behind! Just the computers. I would have been beyond mad at myself (and not very dedicated to my craft) if I didn't bring my camera to this fabulous part of the country.

Here is a photo I took while in Floyd, VA at their weekly Friday night music event.

 I photographed these 3 teenage girls with matching tap shoes until my camera nearly got clogged.


Musicians take to the streets, playing with friends and strangers, and filling the air with the sounds of traditional Appalachian music. Then later The Floyd Country Store has bands on stage, and people clogging (as in, the type of dancing) on the dance floor.

It was a pretty amazing evening. I am saving all the photos of my cousin Ron playing on the streets with Lightening Jack for another post! Too many to cut down to one for a Single Photo Friday event.


...

No comments: