Friday, July 23, 2010

Single Photo Friday:: Seagull Attack!

Lookout for seagulls!

Ahh, just gorges. Haha, I mean Fort Gorges, so proudly displayed in Portland's Caso Bay.

 
It's 9pm on Friday evening and I am just now sitting down long enough to remember that 1) today is indeed Friday and 2) I have yet to post to the blog.

I took this shot today while aboard The Lucky Catch - a lobster boat that takes people on tours of Casco Bay and shows them how to catch lobster. My cousin's daughter (therefore, my 2nd cousin) was visiting Maine for the first time, and so we did a touristy thing that ended up being possibly more fun for us locals than those from away. As they got bait ready the seagulls literally swarmed us. I chose to turn my attention and my camera to the flock rather than the action happening on the boat.

I think that was the most fun I've ever had photographing seagulls.


...

2 comments:

T. Oklahoma Bandwagon said...

I like this photo!

Live Through the Lens said...

Thanks T. Oklahoma! I think it's much better big, but alas the blog has restrictions...

~ Judy