Sunday, November 2, 2008

Golden Morning



I'm a huge fan of coffee. Most Sunday mornings you can find me curled up with a large ceramic mug full of the stuff, as I welcome in another day. Today was a little different.

This morning I had coffee out of a gold-rimmed cup. This particular gold-rimmed cup, to be exact. I'm not sure why, but I was compelled to photograph it. Maybe it's because I felt slightly awkward in my weekend comfy clothes, pulled back hair, and unimportant appearance sipping coffee out of a tiny and fancy cup with a god rim. Maybe it's because I had a lot of time on my hands, sitting down to a breakfast where I could eat nothing that was being served (gluten and I are not friends, but that could be another post on another day with another photo). Maybe I simply wanted to photograph something that I could later play around with in Lightroom. I have been looking at work by other people and realizing I still have so much to learn about my software. So, I happily took an uninteresting image and played around for a while. Just another day in the land of riding learning curves and figuring out cool stuff.

An exercise with a slightly boring image, or an image taken by someone who was slightly bored? I welcome thoughts and opinions...


..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so funny because when I looked at this image I fell in love. I wondered about who might be drinking from this cup and where it was...I pictured a Sunday morning in the country....and then I read your post and thought - I didn't find it the least bit borning. I thought it was quite interesting and I expected to see it somewhere...in a book, a still from a film...I like it. Like the Cookie Monster me want more!

Unknown said...

Love this photo too--and your story behind it is perfect. Okay--you know what i'm going to say now: read them all at writing group! lol! Cindy