Saturday, November 8, 2008

Foggy Mind

On a foggy November Saturday I found myself somewhat overwhelmed with technical issues and needing a break. I picked up my camera and took a walk in in the fog. My head feels much clearer now...

This fence that surrounds my yard has been falling apart, but I kind of like it that way. And when the fog rolls in, it seems to add to the appeal.

All season I have loved how the yellow leaves have been landing on and making a temporary home on my little blue car.

While inside the house I noticed how this once bright red tree was changing its look. The fog surrounding it left me standing in the window staring for several minutes. That was when I grabbed the camera and gave myself a mandatory break from the computer.

I was attracted to the very muted colors of this bush against the sky, something that often goes unnoticed next to the bright fall colors.

This yellow was calming to me. There's something both relaxing and energizing about yellow. Why is that?

I was going after the water drops, and got the added bonus of that piece of spider web in the corner. There is something so great about making yourself step away from one thing so you can slow down enough to enjoy the other things. The contrast of using computers and technology and things that are meant to speed up every process for us to watching nature slowly getting through another day is pretty remarkable. It's as if my mind forgot that mother nature works at a much slower pace. Stepping out into my yard I was almost forced to operate at the same pace as these plants. Taking in one moment at a time.




6 comments:

T. Oklahoma Bandwagon said...

beautiful ... particularly the first one. Perfect depth of field - my eye is drawn right through the hole in the fence post.

Reminds me of something my neighbor - an instructor at the workshops - says about how gray days are his favorites for shooting.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful and moving collection of photos! They capture this feeling of warmth. They literall made me feel cozy and snug. The colors are phenomenal. I would frame the fence picture and hang it in my house. The spider web in that photo is a gift ...what a fabulous little treasure. You inspired me to get out and enjoy nature.
Judy, your work inspires me daily and for that reason I would like to give you the Kreativ Blogger award. Please stop by nachos to pick it up!

Unknown said...

Judy, I LOVE all of the photos in this post, but most particularly the fence--you should print and frame it LARGE! It's lovely, as are the words surrounding the post! We SHOULD have read our blogs at writers group the other night, huh?

Live Through the Lens said...

Tash, Thanks for your supportive words and now for nominating for me a blog award!
Mr. Oklahoma :) and Cindy thanks for the kudos on the blog and my photos. I really appreciate it!

Stephen Grant said...

Judy, these are just wonderful. Hard to pick a fav, but the fence image is truly captivating. These make me long for New England! I'm inspired to experiment now more with landscape and the natural, pure color.

Anonymous said...

"bush against the sky" (he he he...)