Friday, December 26, 2008

Happy Boxing Day!

Wow. Christmas is over for another year! I got a hug and many smiles from my nephew, a bellyache from laughing so hard, and what seems to be a pulled muscle from several victorious rounds of Wii boxing. I think I have discovered a new talent and pastime.

I didn't pick up my camera as often as I wish I had, but it is hard to entertain and photograph at the same time. Not impossible, just a challenge that simply means when you are doing one, you are neglecting the other. Such is life. But at least I got this shot that shows our Santa Pumpkin, along with a few others that make me smile....


Things started off with Max like this, but quickly turned into..



... this. Let's rock&roll, it's Christmas!



And this...we are a family of out-loud laughers.



Gift Opening Gone Wild:)



Pete and Max laugh at how hilarious they just were.



As usual, may family came over to our house where we mix old traditions with some of our new ones, and spend a lot of time laughing, eating, and tearing into presents. We ate a late breakfast with some favorites from my childhood - Monkey Bread and Cinnamon Rolls in the shape of a tree with green frosting. How my brother and I used to fight over the 'filet' as kids! Now he doesn't have to worry about me snagging the prized cinnamon roll since I am too busy making and eating my own Gluten-Free baked goods, and sometimes wrapping a final present I somehow forgot. Christmas 2008 will go down in the books as one with lots of laughter and joking and the year my nephew Max showed up with red ink stains all over his hands, arms, and neck. Seems he and his Uncle Pete thought it would be cool to build a snowvolcano (as opposed to a snowman), which would naturally require some red lava. Turns out red food coloring is permanent, a detail previously unknown to Uncle Pete. I laughed every time Max put his hands anywhere near my line of vision.



Later in the day Max is happily licking chocolate batter off his face. What he doesn't know, or doesn't care about is the fact that it's Gluten-Free chocolate batter.


And, so today on this day after an exhausting and fun Christmas I have declared Boxing Day as the day where sleeping in is allowed, guilt-free. Staying in pj's, reading books, playing with new toys, and feeling no pressure to go anywhere are also greeted without guilt and with great happiness. That's sort of how I have spent the day, especially the sleeping in part.

2 comments:

Erika said...

Did Santa bring that lens you wanted?

Live Through the Lens said...

Haha! No, I didn't get my letter to him in time :)