Wednesday, January 14, 2009

California Dreamin'


I saw the Pacific Ocean yesterday. Having left the cold grip of the Northeast with my camera gear and a large heap of excitement, I landed in San Diego and eased into my first day. First, there was the necessary dose of caffeine, then a walk on the beach where I stood in the water and stared out at the mass of blue in front of me. It was odd to feel sun shining on my face. I honestly can't remember the last time I headed for sunnier skies in the middle of winter. I could have just watched the ocean all day and gone back home happy. Back home to the Atlantic Ocean.



I watched these two surfers enter the ocean from cliff while a train sped by right behind me. It was then that I knew taking this trip was a good idea. My camera and I are looking forward to spending a lot of time together.

..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm SOOOOO excited for you!!! I want to be there with you but will settle for seeing the world through your eyes....this trip will be magical for you and your camera - I can already see that. xoxoxo

Unknown said...

The first photo in this post is beautiful--it really evokes a wonderful SUMMER mood, but a peaceful, tranquil one. . .

Stephen Grant said...

Glad to have seen you out this way.... it was fun catching up... and great to hear you are enjoying the many gems of this coast!