Sunday, January 25, 2009

Latte Morning: From the Sunday Morning Series

Sage looks into the kitchen to see what her mother is up to


Sunday mornings in my mind have always been a day to relax. Get a late start, have that extra cup of coffee, maybe do something fun, and hopefully get recharged for the week that lies ahead. So I have found myself posting photos of my occasional Sunday morning (see Magical Morning, and Golden Morning). I thought about doing a monthly Sunday morning photo for my blog, and today while in San Diego I photographed Erika and Sage getting ready for their Sunday morning visit to the zoo. Erika whipped up some latte's while Sage watched and I photographed. Welcome to the Monthly Sunday Morning Series...


Erika fires up the espresso machine and I realize there is amazing light coming through the window and caffeine on its way to me.


Magic pours out of the two spouts...



Sage joins the party, and all the great light falls onto her face and into those crazy blue eyes.


Future Coffee Drinker :)


Sage gets her first taste of foamed milk, and her eyes once again catch all the light.



Chances are high that coffee will be featured often in my monthly Sunday morning posts, as it is one of my favorite things to enjoy. Lucky for me, Erika's love of caffeine matches, maybe even surpasses, mine. Sadly, next Sunday I will be back in the cold of New England, drinking regular drip coffee and longing for sunny skies. So spoiled am I after barely two weeks!

I guess I better start bracing myself for reality....



photographer's note: it is important to note that no coffee was given to the child in the photos, but more importantly the subject is nowhere near as skilled with the espresso machine as her husband is. Since he is serving in Iraq, the subject is doing the best she can and anxious for his return so that amazing lattes and mochas will be prepared for her once again. :)



No comments: