Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Inspiration I Was Looking For...



... happened when I walked into the Q Street Diner yesterday. A sunny spot in a cold winter day - seriously, the building is painted bright yellow - with walls covered in movie and music and political memorabilia, the Q Street Diner is just what I needed to help shake this case of the blahs.



How can you go wrong with Bogart and Nixon sharing the same wall space?



An empty window after the lunch rush. I could stare at it for hours and still not get every detail...

Here's a story in the Maine Switch, in case you want to go see for yourself. Don't forget to check out the life size cardboad cut-out of of Humphrey Bogart...


4 comments:

Jonathan Farr-Weinfeld said...

Judy--I love the first photo of someone ringing the bell--that is beautiful! Cindy

Live Through the Lens said...

Thanks Cindy! - you threw my by being signed in as 'Jonathan'
:)

Stephen Grant said...

Love diners, and love the capture of the empty serving window.

Anonymous said...

Pretty, pretty!